20-year-old charged for sex with Delco girl, 13
RADNOR TWP., Pa. - December 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- Radnor Township police have charged 20-year-old Ashley Hareford for having sex with a 13-year-old girl.
The two boarded a bus last week and were found in Washington D.C.
Hareford was extradited and arrived back in Radnor on Monday afternoon.
Police say Hareford, who is from Virginia, gained the trust of the 13-year-old girl on the internet.
Investigators from Radnor used this incident as a warning for parents.
"We warn parents today to be careful, to know when your child is on the internet, if at all possible, to know your child's password to use filters and be familiar with what your child is doing on the internet.," Delaware County District Attorney Jack Whelan said.
Hareford is charged with statutory sexual assault, aggravated indecent assault, corruption of a minor and other charges.
He faces 100 years in prison if convicted.
pennsylvania, delaware county, missing person, local/state
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys 30 min ago
- Spotty, Drenching Downpours
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Ramsey speaks on police involved deadly shootings
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty 29 min ago
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Baby, man injured in SEPTA bus accident
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- Bus co. mistake disrupts kids' DC field trip
- New details released in NJ liquor swapping
- Chase Utley out 2-4 weeks with oblique strain 16 min ago
- Obama to tour Jersey Shore with Gov. Christie 26 min ago
- Down At The Shore