Two 7-Eleven stores robbed in Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA - December 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating the robbery of two 7-Eleven stores in Philadelphia early Tuesday morning.
The first robbery happened around 1:30 a.m. on the 7700 block of Ogontz Avenue in West Oak Lane.
About an hour and half later, another 7-Eleven store was robbed on the 7900 block of Frankford in the city's Mayfair section.
In both incidents, the suspects flashed a weapon at the store clerks and then made off with an unknown amount of cash.
Both suspects who fit two different descriptions fled on foot.
Police say the robberies are not connected and they are checking surveillance tapes.
There were no reports of any injuries.
7-eleven, robbery, mayfair, philadelphia, local/state
- Police: Missing boy struck by car
- Temps soar above normal
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- No jackets for North Philadelphia cheer squad
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- Stolen cobalt-60 found abandoned in Mexico
- Report: NSA tracks billions of cellphones daily
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Photos: 6abc at Q102 Jingle Ball 2013
- Video: 20th annual Phila. holiday tree lighting