Two 7-Eleven stores robbed in Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA - December 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating the robbery of two 7-Eleven stores in Philadelphia early Tuesday morning.
The first robbery happened around 1:30 a.m. on the 7700 block of Ogontz Avenue in West Oak Lane.
About an hour and half later, another 7-Eleven store was robbed on the 7900 block of Frankford in the city's Mayfair section.
In both incidents, the suspects flashed a weapon at the store clerks and then made off with an unknown amount of cash.
Both suspects who fit two different descriptions fled on foot.
Police say the robberies are not connected and they are checking surveillance tapes.
There were no reports of any injuries.
7-eleven, robbery, mayfair, philadelphia, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 1 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 17 min ago
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident 23 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Video: Annual Phila. Flower Show wraps up
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
17 min ago