DA seeks death penalty in Pa. triple killing
WILKES-BARRE, Pa. (AP) - December 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Prosecutors will seek the death penalty for one of two brothers charged with killing three people, including a 15-year-old girl, during a botched drug deal.
The Luzerne County district attorney's office says it wants 18-year-old Shawn James Hamilton put to death if he's convicted of first-degree murder in the July shooting in Plymouth.
Hamilton and his 16-year-old half brother, Sawud Davis, allegedly killed 21-year-old Bradley Swartwood, 17-year-old Nicholas Maldonado and 15-year-old Lisa Abaunza in a robbery. Maldonaldo's 19-year-old brother was also wounded.
Hamilton and Davis pleaded not guilty at an arraignment Monday. Davis' attorneys want his case transferred to juvenile court.
Hamilton previously claimed Davis was innocent and said he fired the shots in self-defense.
shooting, pennsylvania, local/state
- Snow today, heavy at times
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps 18 min ago
- Gunman fires shots through window, teens wounded
- Heavy flames damage Southwest Philadelphia house
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy 25 min ago
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- John Rawlins tracks the snowstorm
55 min ago
- Katherine Scott tracks the storm from...
53 min ago