DA seeks death penalty in Pa. triple killing
WILKES-BARRE, Pa. (AP) - December 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Prosecutors will seek the death penalty for one of two brothers charged with killing three people, including a 15-year-old girl, during a botched drug deal.
The Luzerne County district attorney's office says it wants 18-year-old Shawn James Hamilton put to death if he's convicted of first-degree murder in the July shooting in Plymouth.
Hamilton and his 16-year-old half brother, Sawud Davis, allegedly killed 21-year-old Bradley Swartwood, 17-year-old Nicholas Maldonado and 15-year-old Lisa Abaunza in a robbery. Maldonaldo's 19-year-old brother was also wounded.
Hamilton and Davis pleaded not guilty at an arraignment Monday. Davis' attorneys want his case transferred to juvenile court.
Hamilton previously claimed Davis was innocent and said he fired the shots in self-defense.
shooting, pennsylvania, local/state
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- Mostly sunny, very windy today 19 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man critical after police-involved shooting 16 min ago
- Fire damages corner store in North Phila. 6 min ago
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Middle Township crash
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Arrest warrant issued in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Man critical after police-involved shooting
16 min ago
- Fire damages corner store in North Phila.
6 min ago
- Dying dog in Canada has bucket list
12 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos