Woman, 50, struck and killed in SW Phila.
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - December 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- A woman is dead after she was hit by a car on Tuesday morning in Southwest Philadelphia.
Police say the 50-year-old was hit in the 7400 block of Lindbergh Boulevard around 7:00 a.m.
She was taken to the hospital where she was pronounced dead.
Her name has not been released by police.
Police say the driver of the striking vehicle remained at the scene.
An investigation into the circumstances of this crash continues.
philadelphia, southwest philadelphia, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 37 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday 19 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run 55 min ago
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup 32 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course 24 min ago
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia 28 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 17 min ago
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
19 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's...
37 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
34 min ago