1 arrested, 1 at large for Montco drive-by shooting
LANSDALE, Pa. - December 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police in Montgomery County say one man has been arrested and another remains at large for a drive-by shooting in Lansdale, Montgomery County back in September, 2011.
Lansdale Police say Christian Vietri, of the 1200 block of South 11th Street in Philadelphia, remains at large, but is expected to surrender in the next few days.
19-year-old John Sambath of the 1600 block of South 15th Street in Philadelphia has been arrested.
The shooting happened on Sunday, September 24th, 2011, in the 900 block of Wedgewood Drive. Witnesses told police there was a confrontation between a large group and residents of a home there.
Police say both Sambath and Vietri pulled out handguns and Vietri fired two shots away from the group.
Sambath got into his vehicle to leave, police say, and as he was driving away he allegedly fired multiple shots toward the house, hitting an 18-year-old man who was standing outside. The victim was hit in the upper torso, but survived.
Sambath was arrested on November 23rd, 2012 for attempted criminal homicide and other charges. He is being held on $500,000 bail.
Vietri will be charged with aggravated assault and other offenses when he surrenders.
philadelphia, montgomery county, shooting, local/state
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed 21 min ago
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof.
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Pa. girl, 18, survives bear attack
- Man shot, killed on Kensington street
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
- Mega Millions jackpot climbs; $1M ticket sold in NJ
- Pope Francis 'Person of the Year'; popularity surges
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Bedbug fighter recalled over fire hazard 57 min ago