Pay 6 Forward sweepstakes winner revealed!
PHILADELPHIA - December 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- This was it the big day we've been waiting for. We gave away not one, but two brand new cars. And for one lucky winner it was the holiday gift she'd been dreaming of.
Cindy Hauschka of Upper Black Eddy, Pa. couldn't believe she was our lucky winner.
Cindy was in desperate need of a car after a terrible car accident two years ago that left her injured and her car totaled. She told me she wasn't able to replace it and hasn't been able to get around since.
She said now, with her new car, she is most looking forward to seeing her mother.
Cindy had her family with her and checked out the brand new Honda Accord. It turns out times have been tough for Cindy and her family. Not only does she not own a car, but she has never in her life had a brand new car.
So this is a first for her.
But this isn't just any sweepstakes, this is an extension of our Pay 6 Forward series.
Over the past year we've been traveling to communities all over the Delaware Valley allowing our viewers to help their friends in need by giving them $600 to pass on.
So today, 6abc teamed up with the Delaware Valley Honda dealers not just to give one person a car, but to allow that lucky winner to turn around and hand the keys of a brand new car over to a charity of their choosing.
That charity is the Philadelphia Veterans Multi-service & Education Center.
The center got a brand new Honda Odyssey. It will be used for to drive Philadelphia veterans to the V.A. Hospital, to get services and employment opportunities.
philadelphia, local/state, karen rogers
- Snow today, heavy at times
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps 21 min ago
- Gunman fires shots through window, teens wounded
- Heavy flames damage Southwest Philadelphia house
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy 28 min ago
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- John Rawlins tracks the snowstorm
58 min ago
- Katherine Scott tracks the storm from...
56 min ago