Phila. officer injured in collision with suspected drunk driver
PHILADELPHIA - December 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Philadelphia Police officer is recovering after being injured in a car crash with a suspected drunk driver.
It happened after 7:30 p.m. Tuesday in the Rhawnhurst section of the city.
Police say the driver of a gray Chrysler New Yorker cut off a police cruiser driven by a 2nd District officer in the 2200 block of Bleigh Avenue.
The police cruiser rear-ended the New Yorker, which then fled the scene.
Officers caught up with the driver in the 7400 block of Bustleton Avenue.
She was arrested for leaving the scene of an accident and suspicion of driving under the influence.
The officer was taken Aria Hospital, Torresdale Division to be treated for a minor head injury she sustained in the collision.
She is expected to make a full recovery.
philadelphia, accident, philadelphia police, local/state
- Screaming man attacks police station, cars 28 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station... 54 min ago
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases 10 min ago
- Video: Would-be firebomber sets self on fire