Man shot, killed by police in Chester ID'd
CHESTER, Pa. - December 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police have identified the man shot and killed by an officer early Wednesday morning in Chester.
The Delaware County District Attorney's office said it all began shortly after midnight during a routine traffic stop in the 2000 block of Congress Street.
Police say the driver of the car, Noahcell Bagley, 30, told the passengers that there was an active warrant for his arrest and he was going to leave.
He apparently followed through, and fled with an officer in pursuit.
As the officer tried to arrest Bagley, his weapon discharged, the D.A.'s office said.
Bagley was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.
The D.A. said there will an investigation into the officer's use of force.
police, chester, shooting, delaware county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport 8 min ago
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad