Man shot, killed by police in Chester ID'd
CHESTER, Pa. - December 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police have identified the man shot and killed by an officer early Wednesday morning in Chester.
The Delaware County District Attorney's office said it all began shortly after midnight during a routine traffic stop in the 2000 block of Congress Street.
Police say the driver of the car, Noahcell Bagley, 30, told the passengers that there was an active warrant for his arrest and he was going to leave.
He apparently followed through, and fled with an officer in pursuit.
As the officer tried to arrest Bagley, his weapon discharged, the D.A.'s office said.
Bagley was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.
The D.A. said there will an investigation into the officer's use of force.
police, chester, shooting, delaware county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident 26 min ago
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $30K possibly stolen in Target armed robbery
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire 20 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash 47 min ago
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
26 min ago