Man shot, killed by police in Chester ID'd
CHESTER, Pa. - December 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police have identified the man shot and killed by an officer early Wednesday morning in Chester.
The Delaware County District Attorney's office said it all began shortly after midnight during a routine traffic stop in the 2000 block of Congress Street.
Police say the driver of the car, Noahcell Bagley, 30, told the passengers that there was an active warrant for his arrest and he was going to leave.
He apparently followed through, and fled with an officer in pursuit.
As the officer tried to arrest Bagley, his weapon discharged, the D.A.'s office said.
Bagley was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.
The D.A. said there will an investigation into the officer's use of force.
police, chester, shooting, delaware county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Photos: 24 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 48 min ago
- Police ID man found dead in Centreville driveway 38 min ago
- Wildfire risk prompts Red Flag Warning for NJ 23 min ago
- Road reopens months after Frankford water main break 53 min ago
- Man shot multiple times in West Philadelphia 38 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- Woman charged in NJ man's overdose death
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
48 min ago