Girl, 5 shoots herself in foot in Kensington
KENSINGTON - December 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say a 5-year-old girl is hospitalized after shooting herself in the foot in the Kensington section of Philadelphia late Tuesday night.
The incident happened around 11:00 p.m. inside a home on the 1800 block of East Wishart Street.
According to police, the girl's father works in security. His gun was in a holster and the girl was upstairs playing when she got a hold of the gun and pulled the trigger.
The bullet grazed her big toe and she was taken to St. Christopher's Hospital and is expected to be okay.
There is no word or whether any charges will be filed in the case.
children, shooting, kensington, philadelphia, local/state
- Lots of clouds, damp and cool today 26 min ago
- Storm Tracker 6 and AccuWeather
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- AC casino manager charged with promoting prostitution 43 min ago
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- 3rd Phila. police-involved shooting in 2 days
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- Firing of school official in dog waste incident overturned
- 3 injured in Coatesville industrial accident
- Video: Time lapse of Seaside Heights boardwalk...
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Runways reopen after emergency at Heathrow Airport