Girl, 5 shoots herself in foot in Kensington
KENSINGTON - December 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say a 5-year-old girl is hospitalized after shooting herself in the foot in the Kensington section of Philadelphia late Tuesday night.
The incident happened around 11:00 p.m. inside a home on the 1800 block of East Wishart Street.
According to police, the girl's father works in security. His gun was in a holster and the girl was upstairs playing when she got a hold of the gun and pulled the trigger.
The bullet grazed her big toe and she was taken to St. Christopher's Hospital and is expected to be okay.
There is no word or whether any charges will be filed in the case.
children, shooting, kensington, philadelphia, local/state
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody 48 min ago
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold tonight 13 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar 57 min ago
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak Lane
- Family of 5 escapes house fire in New Castle 15 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Couple attacked by cat say they'll get it help
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
57 min ago
- Family of 5 escapes house fire in New Castle
15 min ago
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
48 min ago