Philadelphia police officer struck by hit-and run driver
OXFORD CIRCLE - December 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say they have arrested a driver who struck and injured a Philadelphia police officer in the Oxford Circle section late Tuesday night.
The accident happened shortly after 10:30 p.m. at Knorr and Horrock Streets.
Officials say an officer suffered cuts and bruises after being hit while on a dirt bike.
Police say the driver fled the scene but they caught up with him eight blocks away and made the arrest. He is being tested for a DUI.
The officer was taken to the hospital for treatment and was released.
accident, hit and run, police, oxford circle, philadelphia, local/state
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 47 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli 42 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School
- Boy hospitalized after Mayfair near drowning 13 min ago
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire 10 min ago
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos