Philadelphia police officer struck by hit-and run driver
OXFORD CIRCLE - December 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say they have arrested a driver who struck and injured a Philadelphia police officer in the Oxford Circle section late Tuesday night.
The accident happened shortly after 10:30 p.m. at Knorr and Horrock Streets.
Officials say an officer suffered cuts and bruises after being hit while on a dirt bike.
Police say the driver fled the scene but they caught up with him eight blocks away and made the arrest. He is being tested for a DUI.
The officer was taken to the hospital for treatment and was released.
accident, hit and run, police, oxford circle, philadelphia, local/state
- 3rd Phila. police-involved shooting in 2 days
- Lots of clouds, damp today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington river 22 min ago
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- 3 injured in Coatesville industrial accident
- Chesco man accused of sex assault on 2 young boys
- Employee injured, suspect wanted in Hatfield robbery
- Video: Time lapse of Seaside Heights boardwalk... 12 min ago
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Runways reopen after emergency at Heathrow Airport 26 min ago
- Actress Bynes arrested in NYC on marijuana charge 53 min ago
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington river
22 min ago