Fast-moving house fire injures man in Mayfair
MAYFAIR - December 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Investigators are working to determine the cause of a fire that injured a man in Mayfair.
The blaze broke out before 6:00 a.m. Wednesday at a home in the 3000 block of Tyson Avenue.
Crews arrived to find flames shooting from rear kitchen area on the first floor of a two-story home.
Fire officials say it took about 15 minutes to get the situation under control.
A 34-year-old man was taken to an area hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.
philadelphia, fire, mayfair, local/state
- Suspects sought in carjacking, abduction
- AccuWeather: Tracking a Wintry Weekend 57 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Pedestrian struck, killed on Broad Street
- 4 shot outside Del. club after Meek Mill performance
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist 33 min ago
- Cab driver shot outside N. Phila. after-hours club 18 min ago
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- Pearl Harbor ceremonies marks bombing anniversary
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs Pearl Harbor tweet 37 min ago
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Cab driver shot outside N. Phila....
18 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking a Wintry Weekend
57 min ago