Fast-moving house fire injures man in Mayfair
MAYFAIR - December 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Investigators are working to determine the cause of a fire that injured a man in Mayfair.
The blaze broke out before 6:00 a.m. Wednesday at a home in the 3000 block of Tyson Avenue.
Crews arrived to find flames shooting from rear kitchen area on the first floor of a two-story home.
Fire officials say it took about 15 minutes to get the situation under control.
A 34-year-old man was taken to an area hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.
philadelphia, fire, mayfair, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire 8 min ago
- Western Pa. school reopens after stabbings
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos