Fast-moving house fire injures man in Mayfair
MAYFAIR - December 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Investigators are working to determine the cause of a fire that injured a man in Mayfair.
The blaze broke out before 6:00 a.m. Wednesday at a home in the 3000 block of Tyson Avenue.
Crews arrived to find flames shooting from rear kitchen area on the first floor of a two-story home.
Fire officials say it took about 15 minutes to get the situation under control.
A 34-year-old man was taken to an area hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.
philadelphia, fire, mayfair, local/state
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle 50 min ago
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids