2 plead guilty in Del. day care toddler fight
DOVER, Del. - December 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two day care workers charged with encouraging and videotaping a fight between two 3-year-old boys in their care have pleaded guilty to assault and conspiracy charges.
Estefania Myers and Lisa Parker pleaded guilty Wednesday in Kent County Superior Court.
The judge sentenced Myers to 10 years in prison, but suspended the sentence for one year of probation, during which she cannot work or volunteer in a day care facility. Parker's sentencing is set for Jan. 30.
A third co-defendant, Tiana Harris, has been offered the same plea deal but has yet to accept it. Her trial is tentatively scheduled for Monday unless she accepts the plea at a final case review that day.
As part of her plea agreement, Myers agreed to testify at Harris' trial if needed.
delaware, caught on camera, children, local/state
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 7 min ago
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos