Woman shot, killed by police in West Phila.
PHILADELPHIA - December 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- A woman with a knife was shot by police in West Philadelphia Wednesday night.
Police say the woman they shot and killed in West Philadelphia Wednesday night had been trying to stab her own mother.
Officers responded to the 5600 block of Cherry Street around 4:30 p.m.
They say the 27-year-old woman came at them with a knife before they shot her.
She died at the scene.
No officers were hurt.
police, shooting, west philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight 6 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash 16 min ago
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 11 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting 41 min ago
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
6 min ago
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by...
11 min ago