Dozens of Paulsboro residents sue Conrail, CSX
PAULSBORO, N.J. - December 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- Officials say 54 Paulsboro, N.J. residents have filed a lawsuit against Conrail and CSX for damages from last month's train derailment.
The residents are seeking medical screening for early detection of serious and life-threatening medical conditions.
The demands come from concerns over the leak of vinyl chloride from a ruptured tanker car.
Residents also want compensation for being forced out of their homes and for significant disruption of their daily lives in the community.
train accident, gloucester county, new jersey, local/state
- Body found in home of Philadelphia attorney 32 min ago
- Clear, Still Breezy Tonight 2 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 1 dead in I-495 crash in Claymont, Delaware 22 min ago
- NE Phila. couple stabbed at home, son arrested
- 7-year-old critically injured in SW Phila. house fire
- Amber Alert for Pottsville teen canceled
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle
- Philadelphia man arrested for firing shots at police
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Angel Flight crashes in NY, 2 killed, 1 missing
- NJ man claims share of $198M Mega Millions jackpot
- Start to 1st summer after Sandy at NJ shore 34 min ago
- Body found in home of Philadelphia attorney
32 min ago
- 1 dead in I-495 crash in Claymont, Delaware
22 min ago
- Clear, Still Breezy Tonight
2 min ago