Dozens of Paulsboro residents sue Conrail, CSX
PAULSBORO, N.J. - December 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- Officials say 54 Paulsboro, N.J. residents have filed a lawsuit against Conrail and CSX for damages from last month's train derailment.
The residents are seeking medical screening for early detection of serious and life-threatening medical conditions.
The demands come from concerns over the leak of vinyl chloride from a ruptured tanker car.
Residents also want compensation for being forced out of their homes and for significant disruption of their daily lives in the community.
train accident, gloucester county, new jersey, local/state
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
- 70s Return This Week 59 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing 43 min ago
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite 41 min ago
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom...
41 min ago