Dozens of Paulsboro residents sue Conrail, CSX
PAULSBORO, N.J. - December 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- Officials say 54 Paulsboro, N.J. residents have filed a lawsuit against Conrail and CSX for damages from last month's train derailment.
The residents are seeking medical screening for early detection of serious and life-threatening medical conditions.
The demands come from concerns over the leak of vinyl chloride from a ruptured tanker car.
Residents also want compensation for being forced out of their homes and for significant disruption of their daily lives in the community.
train accident, gloucester county, new jersey, local/state
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle 23 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator 43 min ago
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 5 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas 10 min ago
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- Victim critical after stabbing in Frankford
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession 44 min ago
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight...
43 min ago
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by...
5 min ago