Pathmark purse snatchers caught on camera in Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA - December 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are asking for the public's help identifying a pair of purse snatchers caught on camera in Philadelphia.
It happened at 11:20 a.m. Tuesday in parking lot of the Pathmark supermarket in the 100 block of West Chelten Avenue.
Police say two men approached a 74-year-old woman. One grabbed the woman's pocketbook, then both fled west on Wayne Avenue.
Investigators say the man who snatched the purse was caught on surveillance video several hours before it happened.
They have released the following description of the suspects:
Suspect #1: Black male, 16-18 years-of-age, light complected, wearing khaki pants, red hooded sweatshirt underneath a dark colored jacket and a dark colored back pack.
Suspect #2: Black male, 16-18 years-of-age, dark complected, wearing khaki pants, dark colored pull-over sweater with brown on the shoulders.
Anyone with information about this crime or these suspects is asked to contact Philadelphia Police Northwest Detectives Division at 215-686-3353/3354.
philadelphia, caught on camera, robbery, local/state
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd 21 min ago
- Easter Sunshine
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard 12 min ago
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst 15 min ago
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Lumberton brush fire considered 'suspicious' 26 min ago
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
21 min ago