Man arrested after taking toddlers to shooting
UPPER DARBY, Pa. - December 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say a Lansdowne, Delaware County man brought his own toddlers to carry out a shooting.
Eric Pagan-Afanador is accused of pistol whipping and shooting a man in the shoulder just after noon.
It happened at a home on the 200 block of Sheffield Road in Upper Darby around 12:00 p.m. Thursday afternoon.
Witness tips helped officers find Afanador's car on the Baltimore Pike in Lansdowne.
A police pursuit ended when he crashed into a store front.
Police say Afanador tried to flee with his 3-year-old daughter and 2-year-old son in his arms.
"The two children received no injuries. They were very, very lucky, because they were in the back strapped in their car seats," said Supt. Michael Chitwood.
The children are in the custody of a grandmother Thursday night.
Afanador has been charged with attempted murder, aggravated assault, weapons charges and two counts of reckless child endangerment.
The victim was treated at an area hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
shooting, upper darby, pennsylvania, local/state
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos