2 arrests in 2 assaults in Wilmington
WILMINGTON - December 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- Wilmington police have arrested two people in connection to two assaults on the same block.
It began Saturday when police responded to a home on the 2300 block of Lamotte Street for the complaint of assault.
Police were told that a 34-year-old woman was hit in the head with a baseball bat but the victim was uncooperative and refused assistance.
Shortly after police were called again to the same residence with the report that someone was cut.
An investigation revealed that 41-year-old William Stanford allegedly struck the woman in the head with baseball bat during an altercation.
In retaliation for the bat assault, 24-year-old Nafeesa Lloyd allegedly assaulted Stanford with a knife.
Stanford suffered non-life threatening injuries to his torso and the lower half of his body. He was treated at an area hospital.
Both Stanford and Lloyd were later arrested and each face a list of charges.
delaware, wilmington, assault, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 12 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower