2 arrests in 2 assaults in Wilmington
WILMINGTON - December 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- Wilmington police have arrested two people in connection to two assaults on the same block.
It began Saturday when police responded to a home on the 2300 block of Lamotte Street for the complaint of assault.
Police were told that a 34-year-old woman was hit in the head with a baseball bat but the victim was uncooperative and refused assistance.
Shortly after police were called again to the same residence with the report that someone was cut.
An investigation revealed that 41-year-old William Stanford allegedly struck the woman in the head with baseball bat during an altercation.
In retaliation for the bat assault, 24-year-old Nafeesa Lloyd allegedly assaulted Stanford with a knife.
Stanford suffered non-life threatening injuries to his torso and the lower half of his body. He was treated at an area hospital.
Both Stanford and Lloyd were later arrested and each face a list of charges.
delaware, wilmington, assault, local/state
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- Spotty, Drenching Downpours 40 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Baby, man injured in SEPTA bus accident
- Bus co. mistake disrupts kids' DC field trip 7 min ago
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Student and teacher shocked at Voorhees school
- 2 arrested for stealing tractor in Franklin Township
- New details released in NJ liquor swapping
- SEPTA announces fare hikes
- Man gets life in prison for murder of Pa. musician
- 2 dead in separate police involved shootings
- Allentown fire crews find body in burned apartment
- Bus co. mistake disrupts kids' DC field trip
7 min ago