Elderly man critically injured in Del. house fire
ELSMERE, Del. - December 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- Thick smoke and flames shot through the roof of a home in Elsmere, Delaware Sunday night.
Fire crews responded to a house fire in the 200 block of Taylor Road round 9:30 p.m.
An 83-year-old man was rescued from the house by his brother before firefighters arrived.
Firefighters say the victim suffered first and second degree burns.
He was taken to Christiana Hospital where he is remains in critical condition.
Investigators are working to determine what sparked the blaze.
fire, delaware, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 27 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash 27 min ago
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
- Carolers to perform for cancer patient in...
5 min ago