NJ man charged in crash that killed 2
NEW BRUNSWICK, N.J. (AP) - December 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Perth Amboy man has been charged with manslaughter after police say he caused a crash that killed two passengers in his car.
The accident occurred early Sunday. The Middlesex County prosecutor's office says 22-year-old Ricky Olivares lost control of a 2001 Acura and hit a utility pole, three trees and a chain-link fence.
Killed were 28-year-old Johanna Cruz, who was in the front seat; and Olivares' brother, 20-year-old Aramis Olivares, who was riding in the back.
An unidentified 21-year-old male passenger was being treated at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick. His condition was not released.
Olivares has been charged with two counts of aggravated manslaughter and was being held in lieu of $1 million bail. It wasn't known if he had retained an attorney.
accident, middlesex county, new jersey, local/state
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport 34 min ago
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion 6 min ago
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
6 min ago