NJ man charged in crash that killed 2
NEW BRUNSWICK, N.J. (AP) - December 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Perth Amboy man has been charged with manslaughter after police say he caused a crash that killed two passengers in his car.
The accident occurred early Sunday. The Middlesex County prosecutor's office says 22-year-old Ricky Olivares lost control of a 2001 Acura and hit a utility pole, three trees and a chain-link fence.
Killed were 28-year-old Johanna Cruz, who was in the front seat; and Olivares' brother, 20-year-old Aramis Olivares, who was riding in the back.
An unidentified 21-year-old male passenger was being treated at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick. His condition was not released.
Olivares has been charged with two counts of aggravated manslaughter and was being held in lieu of $1 million bail. It wasn't known if he had retained an attorney.
accident, middlesex county, new jersey, local/state
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Brisk And Cold 39 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill 46 min ago
- 3 injured in car crash in Pennsauken 7 min ago
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment 33 min ago
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- Brisk And Cold
39 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in...
46 min ago
- 3 injured in car crash in Pennsauken
7 min ago
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment
33 min ago