NJ man charged in crash that killed 2
NEW BRUNSWICK, N.J. (AP) - December 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Perth Amboy man has been charged with manslaughter after police say he caused a crash that killed two passengers in his car.
The accident occurred early Sunday. The Middlesex County prosecutor's office says 22-year-old Ricky Olivares lost control of a 2001 Acura and hit a utility pole, three trees and a chain-link fence.
Killed were 28-year-old Johanna Cruz, who was in the front seat; and Olivares' brother, 20-year-old Aramis Olivares, who was riding in the back.
An unidentified 21-year-old male passenger was being treated at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick. His condition was not released.
Olivares has been charged with two counts of aggravated manslaughter and was being held in lieu of $1 million bail. It wasn't known if he had retained an attorney.
accident, middlesex county, new jersey, local/state
- New sighting reported of missing student's car 59 min ago
- Mostly cloudy, humid today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Mile-wide tornado hits Oklahoma City suburbs 33 min ago
- Cherry Hill East student injured in crash 4 min ago
- Surveillance video released in food vendor murder 57 min ago
- Appoquinimink teacher arrested for indecent exposure
- Disabled veteran robbed, beaten in home invasion 11 min ago
- Nurse assaulted at Cooper University Hospital 7 min ago
- Off-duty police officer hit by car in Logan 5 min ago
- Housekeeper sentenced for Ben Franklin bust theft 14 min ago
- Bucks County bear now spotted in Bristol Twp. 15 min ago
- Publicist: Founding member of The Doors dies at 74 11 min ago
- Mile-wide tornado hits Oklahoma City suburbs
33 min ago
- Disabled veteran robbed, beaten in home...
11 min ago
- Bucks County bear now spotted in Bristol Twp.
15 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos