NJ man charged in crash that killed 2
NEW BRUNSWICK, N.J. (AP) - December 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Perth Amboy man has been charged with manslaughter after police say he caused a crash that killed two passengers in his car.
The accident occurred early Sunday. The Middlesex County prosecutor's office says 22-year-old Ricky Olivares lost control of a 2001 Acura and hit a utility pole, three trees and a chain-link fence.
Killed were 28-year-old Johanna Cruz, who was in the front seat; and Olivares' brother, 20-year-old Aramis Olivares, who was riding in the back.
An unidentified 21-year-old male passenger was being treated at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick. His condition was not released.
Olivares has been charged with two counts of aggravated manslaughter and was being held in lieu of $1 million bail. It wasn't known if he had retained an attorney.
accident, middlesex county, new jersey, local/state
- NJ forest fire threatens homes; evacuations ordered 2 min ago
- Sunny, blustery winds today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts 54 min ago
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos