Man wanted in theft of iPad, wallet from Tioga church
TIOGA - December 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are asking for the public's help in identifying a man who is suspected in the theft of a wallet and an iPad from a church in the city's Tioga neighborhood.
It was around noon last Wednesday during services when surveillance cameras captured images of the man entering the Triumph Baptist Church, which is located at 1648 West Hunting Park Avenue.
The man is seen going to the second floor, where he allegedly entered an office and took an iPad and wallet containing various forms of identification and $350 in cash.
The suspect then left the church and fled the scene on foot.
The man is described as a black male, 30-40 years-of-age, with a dark complexion, stocky build, and wearing a dark knit hat, dark colored waist length coat with a fur lined hood, blue jeans, and black and white sneakers.
If you recognize the man, you are urged to contact police. To submit a tip by telephone, dial 215-686-TIPS (8477) or text a tip to PPD TIP or 773847.
tioga, philadelphia, theft, burglary, local/state
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Missing mom, baby from Newark, Del. found
- Sinkhole opens up on Northern Liberties street 58 min ago
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case 3 min ago
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Video: Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's