Burger King bandit runs away empty handed
PHILADELPHIA - December 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are looking for the man who tried to rob a fast food restaurant full of customers.
The suspect targeted the Burger King on East Olney Avenue in the Olney section of Philadelphia.
He claimed to be carrying a gun and demanded money.
The employees refused, and authorities say he gave up and ran away.
Anyone with information about the robber is asked to contact police.
burger king, robbery, olney, philadelphia, local/state
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!