Police: Bomb making material found inside teen's NJ home
GALLOWAY TWP., N.J. - December 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- An Atlantic County high school student has been charged with weapons possession after police found chemicals and electronic parts at his home.
Galloway Township Police were called to Cedar Creek High School in Egg Harbor around 2:00 p.m. where a 16-year-old student was acting in what they call a bizarre fashion.
Authorities took the student to his home in the 300 block of East Spencer Lane where they found chemicals and electronics that police say could be be turned into explosives.
The school was also searched, but nothing was found.
Police say the teen did not actually make any threats against anyone.
new jersey, atlantic county, explosion, school, students, local/state
- China: Vietnam detects signals from missing plane 53 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco 16 min ago
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos