Pedestrian struck on Roosevelt Boulevard dies
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - December 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- A woman believed to be in her 40s has died after being hit by a vehicle in Northeast Philadelphia Tuesday night.
It happened just after 9:30 p.m. on Roosevelt Boulevard and Rhawn Street.
Police say the woman was struck by a pickup truck in the southbound inner lane.
She had just left a Wawa when she was trying to cross the road.Witnesses say the driver had a green light and remained at the scene.
The woman was taken to Aria Health Torresdale Campus where she later died.
Police say she was not carrying ID and they are trying to determine her identity.
philadelphia, northeast philadelphia, pedestrian struck, accident, local/state
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students 2 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 37 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's 2 min ago
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty 9 min ago
- Person possibly struck by train in Center City 26 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Car, SUV collide outside Trenton firehouse
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Accused Craigslist robber charged with murdering accomplice 59 min ago
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Security breach affected all cards, not...
2 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos