Thief steals fake jewelry from Center City hotel
CENTER CITY - December 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say a man used a brick to smash a jewelry display case inside a Marriott Hotel in Center City, Philadelphia late Tuesday night.
The incident happened just before midnight in the 1200 block of Market Street.
According to police, the man grabbed necklaces and bracelets and ran off. However, what the thief grabbed were high-end replicas.
He was last seen going westbound on Market Street. He is described as wearing dark clothes with a white stripe down the pants.
Police are checking surveillance tapes to get a clear look at the suspect.
So far, the hotel has not said how much the stolen jewelry is worth.
There were no reports of any injuries.
theft, jewelry, hotels, center city, philadelphia, local/state
- School closings and delays 33 min ago
- Tracking More Snow 4 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Transformer fire sparks SEPTA delays 11 min ago
- Video: Downed power line in Lower Merion
- Video: Katherine Scott reports on icy AM conditions
- Video: John Rawlins reports on a slushy start
- Casino patron abducted, robbed and shot
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally 33 min ago
- Tracking More Snow
4 min ago