Thief steals fake jewelry from Center City hotel
CENTER CITY - December 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say a man used a brick to smash a jewelry display case inside a Marriott Hotel in Center City, Philadelphia late Tuesday night.
The incident happened just before midnight in the 1200 block of Market Street.
According to police, the man grabbed necklaces and bracelets and ran off. However, what the thief grabbed were high-end replicas.
He was last seen going westbound on Market Street. He is described as wearing dark clothes with a white stripe down the pants.
Police are checking surveillance tapes to get a clear look at the suspect.
So far, the hotel has not said how much the stolen jewelry is worth.
There were no reports of any injuries.
theft, jewelry, hotels, center city, philadelphia, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today 8 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Fire forces several residents from Logan apartments 10 min ago
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man