Thief steals fake jewelry from Center City hotel
CENTER CITY - December 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say a man used a brick to smash a jewelry display case inside a Marriott Hotel in Center City, Philadelphia late Tuesday night.
The incident happened just before midnight in the 1200 block of Market Street.
According to police, the man grabbed necklaces and bracelets and ran off. However, what the thief grabbed were high-end replicas.
He was last seen going westbound on Market Street. He is described as wearing dark clothes with a white stripe down the pants.
Police are checking surveillance tapes to get a clear look at the suspect.
So far, the hotel has not said how much the stolen jewelry is worth.
There were no reports of any injuries.
theft, jewelry, hotels, center city, philadelphia, local/state
- Death toll lowered in Okla. tornado; 24 dead 47 min ago
- Partly sunny, warm and humid today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- Delaware trash can explosion leaves 1 injured
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's slaying
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- 2 teens arrested at Pennsbury H.S. prom
- SUV crashes when dog gets stuck in steering wheel
- NJ ex-priest jailed after working with kids 4 min ago
- Larry Holmes wins round in Pa. parking dispute
- Surveillance video released in food vendor murder
- Death toll lowered in Okla. tornado; 24 dead
47 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos