Thief steals fake jewelry from Center City hotel
CENTER CITY - December 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say a man used a brick to smash a jewelry display case inside a Marriott Hotel in Center City, Philadelphia late Tuesday night.
The incident happened just before midnight in the 1200 block of Market Street.
According to police, the man grabbed necklaces and bracelets and ran off. However, what the thief grabbed were high-end replicas.
He was last seen going westbound on Market Street. He is described as wearing dark clothes with a white stripe down the pants.
Police are checking surveillance tapes to get a clear look at the suspect.
So far, the hotel has not said how much the stolen jewelry is worth.
There were no reports of any injuries.
theft, jewelry, hotels, center city, philadelphia, local/state
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls 10 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 49 min ago
- Skippack student hospitalized with meningitis infection
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion 49 min ago
- Jordan Brown murder case goes to Pa. high court 2 min ago
- Fatal house fire in Coatesville, Chester County 26 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home 18 min ago
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 44 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm