Thief steals fake jewelry from Center City hotel
CENTER CITY - December 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say a man used a brick to smash a jewelry display case inside a Marriott Hotel in Center City, Philadelphia late Tuesday night.
The incident happened just before midnight in the 1200 block of Market Street.
According to police, the man grabbed necklaces and bracelets and ran off. However, what the thief grabbed were high-end replicas.
He was last seen going westbound on Market Street. He is described as wearing dark clothes with a white stripe down the pants.
Police are checking surveillance tapes to get a clear look at the suspect.
So far, the hotel has not said how much the stolen jewelry is worth.
There were no reports of any injuries.
theft, jewelry, hotels, center city, philadelphia, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 2 min ago
- Milder Monday 35 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 2 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Milder Monday
35 min ago