Guilty pleas entered in 'thrill' robberies in Pa.
ALLENTOWN, Pa. (AP) - December 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- A group of teenagers have pleaded guilty in a series of robberies on Pennsylvania's Lehigh Valley that police say they committed for thrills.
The Allentown Morning Call reports three then-17-year-old defendants admitted Tuesday they took part in two robberies in Lehigh County over the summer, joining an 18-year-old who pleaded guilty earlier this month.
Ashley Horning and Ashley Eskaff, both now 18, have also pleaded guilty to charges in neighboring Northampton County and agreed to cooperate in the cases against 18-year-old Isaiah Barker and 19-year-old Luis Ortiz.
Police say Horning told police she and Eskaff, both of Bethlehem, helped rob the businesses "for the money and the thrill."
All told investigators say the group committed six robberies in a four-day span.
robbery, pennsylvania, local/state
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park nightclub
- Wintry Weekend 49 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub
- More of US expected to see snow, sleet, ice
- Pearl Harbor ceremonies marks bombing anniversary
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Wintry Weekend
49 min ago