Guilty pleas entered in 'thrill' robberies in Pa.
ALLENTOWN, Pa. (AP) - December 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- A group of teenagers have pleaded guilty in a series of robberies on Pennsylvania's Lehigh Valley that police say they committed for thrills.
The Allentown Morning Call reports three then-17-year-old defendants admitted Tuesday they took part in two robberies in Lehigh County over the summer, joining an 18-year-old who pleaded guilty earlier this month.
Ashley Horning and Ashley Eskaff, both now 18, have also pleaded guilty to charges in neighboring Northampton County and agreed to cooperate in the cases against 18-year-old Isaiah Barker and 19-year-old Luis Ortiz.
Police say Horning told police she and Eskaff, both of Bethlehem, helped rob the businesses "for the money and the thrill."
All told investigators say the group committed six robberies in a four-day span.
robbery, pennsylvania, local/state
- 2 dead in police involved shootings
- Very unsettled Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Surveillance released in fatal Camden shooting
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
- Brutal attack in London heightens terror fears
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- 4 Americans killed since 2009 in US drone strikes
- Finding the perfect bra
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees