Pa. man gets 18 months for stealing from parents
WEST CHESTER, Pa. (AP) - December 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- A former suburban Philadelphia councilman has been ordered to at least 18 months in prison for stealing almost $500,000 from his ailing elderly parents.
Former West Chester councilman Boyd Davis Jr. was also ordered to pay $476,000 in restitution to the estate of his parents for thefts that happened in 2007 and 2008.
Davis was convicted in September of more than 80 counts of theft, forgery and related charges. Investigators say he stole the cash while his father was suffering from dementia and his mother was dependent on him for care.
Davis' father died in 2007 and his mother in 2010.
The Daily Local News of West Chester reports Davis apologized at Tuesday's sentencing, saying he tried to do his best to care for his parents.
theft, west chester, pennsylvania, local/state
- Photos: Suspects in $14-million marijuana bust 11 min ago
- Showers, thunderstorms today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa. 5 min ago
- 2 dead in separate police involved shootings
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Allentown fire crews find body in burned apartment
- Driver injured in crash involving Delaware fire chief
- NJ man accused of defrauding FEMA
- Cicadas arriving in NJ in time for holiday weekend
- Jose Canseco accused of sexual assault in Vegas
- Thunderstorms slow Oklahoma tornado cleanup