Veteran journalist Sam Donaldson arrested for DUI in Delaware
LEWES, Delaware - December 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- Veteran ABC News correspondent Sam Donaldson has been arrested for drunk driving in Delaware.
It happened December 1st on Savannah Road in Lewes.
Authorities say Donaldson was stopped by a Lewes police officer at 7:56 p.m. for a traffic violation.
The officer determined that Donaldson had been drinking alcohol, conducted standard field sobriety tests and then arrested him for Driving Under the Influence.
Donaldson was later released pending a court appearance.
Donaldson, 78, lives in McLean Virginia. He is perhaps best known for his work as White House Correspondent for ABC News from 1977-89 and 1998-99.
delaware, DUI, local/state
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Temps Soar 4 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery 31 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland 12 min ago
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- Temps Soar
4 min ago