Council Rock South officials hold open forum
HOLLAND, Pa. - December 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- Council Rock South hosted a forum Saturday to answer worried parent's questions, about the student threat that closed the school Friday.
School officials told teens to stay home after they learned of the alleged threat to shoot and kill teachers.
A 14-year-old suspect was arrested.
Police say handguns and knives were found at the ninth grader's Richboro home.
Parents say they appreciated Council Rock for taking the threat seriously and for hosting Saturday's open dialogue.
Having this meeting today made us feel like they were willing to address the issue, and honestly, we were very happy about the way they handled the situation; closing the school, letting us know right away," said Pat Carter.
School officials say they are also meeting to discuss the safety policy moving forward.
school, pennsylvania, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet 22 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: Skydiver's mid-air collision with plane 28 min ago
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act 6 min ago
- Skydiver's mid-air collision with plane
28 min ago
- 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber
47 min ago