Police search for elderly woman in Bucks County
BENSALEM, Pa. - December 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are looking for a 73-year-old woman who went missing while attending a gathering in Bensalem, Bucks County Wednesday.
The incident occurred around 10:00 p.m. along the 700 block of Haunted Lane.
Police say Jean Carson was last seen exiting the rear of a home that backs up to the Neshaminy Creek.
Friends tell police that Carson was visiting their home when she went outdoors to smoke a cigarette.
They noticed about fifteen minutes later that she hadn't returned and called the police.
Police have conducted an extensive search around the creek with the help of several crews but have yet to locate the missing woman.
The search had to be suspended because of visibility but will resume Thursday morning.
According to friends, Carson is in good health and does not suffer from any medical or mental problems.
She is described as 5'3" tall, 120 pounds, blond hair and wearing a blue and white shirt, dark pants and high heels.
missing person, bensalem, bucks county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Arctic Blast and Possible Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- $344M Mega Millions numbers drawn
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)