Police: Woman carrying knife at PHL is culinary student
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - December 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- A woman was taken into custody after an 8-inch knife was found in her carry-on luggage at Philadelphia International Airport.
Police say the woman passed through TSA security around 1:45 p.m. with the large knife inside her bag.
TSA noticed the knife and Philadelphia police brought the woman in for questioning.
After interviewing her, they discovered she is a culinary student.
She was released from police custody and was allowed to fly.
The knife was confiscated by authorities.
philadelphia international airport, southwest philadelphia, air travel, airline security, local/state
- Faith-healing couple held without bail 13 min ago
- Lots of clouds, damp and cool today 57 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- AC casino manager charged with promoting prostitution
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- 3rd Phila. police-involved shooting in 2 days
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- Firing of school official in dog waste incident overturned
- 3 injured in Coatesville industrial accident
- Video: Time lapse of Seaside Heights boardwalk...
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Runways reopen after emergency at Heathrow Airport