Police: Woman carrying knife at PHL is culinary student
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - December 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- A woman was taken into custody after an 8-inch knife was found in her carry-on luggage at Philadelphia International Airport.
Police say the woman passed through TSA security around 1:45 p.m. with the large knife inside her bag.
TSA noticed the knife and Philadelphia police brought the woman in for questioning.
After interviewing her, they discovered she is a culinary student.
She was released from police custody and was allowed to fly.
The knife was confiscated by authorities.
philadelphia international airport, southwest philadelphia, air travel, airline security, local/state
- Apartments evacuated in Bucks Co. hazmat investigation 17 min ago
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia 10 min ago
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino 30 min ago
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ