Ex-Pa. prosecutor sentenced 4 to 8 months in prison
MEDIA, Pa. - December 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- A former assistant district attorney has been sentenced to four to eight months in prison for leaving a hit-and-run crash that injured a suburban Philadelphia teenager more than a year ago.
32-year-old Michael Donohue was also fined $2,000.
Back in November, jurors in Delaware County deliberated for about 4½ hours before convicting Donohue of leaving the scene of an accident, a misdemeanor because jurors said serious bodily injury hadn't resulted.
The judge earlier acquitted Donohue of more serious charges of aggravated assault and driving under the influence in the November 2011 accident that left a 14-year-old boy with a broken leg and pelvis as well as bleeding on the brain. He was hospitalized and missed three months of school.
Prosecutor Joseph McGettigan said Donohue had been out drinking with co-workers on that night. Donohue's defense attorney said that his client wasn't drunk.
pennsylvania, delaware county, hit and run, accident, local/state
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95 49 min ago
- Wet to Wintry 28 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings 44 min ago
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Obama mourns death of icon Nelson Mandela 16 min ago
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Missing mom, baby from Newark, Del. found
- Sinkhole opens up on Northern Liberties street
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera 40 min ago
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school