Wind, down wires spark Philly restaurant fire
HOLMESBURG - December 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- Crews were called to a restaurant fire sparked by wind and down wires early Friday morning in the Holmesburg section of Philadelphia.
The fire broke out around 3:15 a.m. at the Ashburner Inn Restaurant on the 8400 block of Torresdale Avenue.
Officials say the wind brought down wires in the rear of the property, landed on an outdoor freezer and started the blaze.
Flames were also showing in a basement circuit box and PECO crews were called in to shut the power off.
One person was injured and taken to an area hospital for treatment.
The blaze was placed under control just before 4:00 a.m.
The fire remains under investigation.
fire, holmesburg, philadelphia, local/state
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow 38 min ago
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police