Pa. man, 39, jailed in rape of disabled girl, 15
ALTOONA, Pa. (AP) - December 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- A central Pennsylvania man has been jailed on charges he sexually assaulted a mentally disabled 15-year-old girl at least eight times since July.
Online court records don't list an attorney for 39-year-old Robert Riley Jr., of Altoona.
The Altoona Mirror reports Friday the girl and a relative contacted police earlier this week and told investigators Riley had tried to have sex with the girl several times in recent months.
Police say Riley acknowledged performing a sex act and fondling the girl on at least eight occasions in his basement or attic while his wife was out of the house. Riley's wife applied for a protection-from-abuse order when the rape allegations surfaced Tuesday.
Riley faces a preliminary hearing on eight counts of rape, involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, and other crimes on Thursday.
rape, pennsylvania, local/state
- Police seek missing woman and her baby 30 min ago
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Philadelphia police officer's stolen SUV found 49 min ago
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school 49 min ago
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- No jackets for North Philadelphia cheer squad
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Video: Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's