Pa. man, 39, jailed in rape of disabled girl, 15
ALTOONA, Pa. (AP) - December 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- A central Pennsylvania man has been jailed on charges he sexually assaulted a mentally disabled 15-year-old girl at least eight times since July.
Online court records don't list an attorney for 39-year-old Robert Riley Jr., of Altoona.
The Altoona Mirror reports Friday the girl and a relative contacted police earlier this week and told investigators Riley had tried to have sex with the girl several times in recent months.
Police say Riley acknowledged performing a sex act and fondling the girl on at least eight occasions in his basement or attic while his wife was out of the house. Riley's wife applied for a protection-from-abuse order when the rape allegations surfaced Tuesday.
Riley faces a preliminary hearing on eight counts of rape, involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, and other crimes on Thursday.
rape, pennsylvania, local/state
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote 31 min ago
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos