2 in custody after police discharge in NE Phila
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - December 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two men were taken into custody after a shootout caused a police officer to fire their weapon.
It happened around 10:00 Friday morning on the 6400 block of Castor Avenue in Northeast Philadelphia.
Police responded to the report of shots fired in the area. Once on the scene, a Philadelphia officer was forced to discharge his weapon.
No one was hit but both suspects were later taken into custody.
Police are unsure why the officer opened fire. The circumstances surrounding the incident remain under investigation.
philadelphia, northeast philadelphia, shooting, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 34 min ago
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash 56 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 26 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton 53 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls 17 min ago
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry...
34 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
26 min ago