2 in custody after police discharge in NE Phila
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - December 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two men were taken into custody after a shootout caused a police officer to fire their weapon.
It happened around 10:00 Friday morning on the 6400 block of Castor Avenue in Northeast Philadelphia.
Police responded to the report of shots fired in the area. Once on the scene, a Philadelphia officer was forced to discharge his weapon.
No one was hit but both suspects were later taken into custody.
Police are unsure why the officer opened fire. The circumstances surrounding the incident remain under investigation.
philadelphia, northeast philadelphia, shooting, local/state
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps 24 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from Colorado high school shooting 49 min ago
- 2-alarm house fire in Blackwood, NJ 45 min ago
- Drugs, $29K seized in raid at Rowan U. dorm
- Police search for missing Rider University student
- Coroner: Frat pledge died from head injuries
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Arrest made after taxi carjacking in South Phila.
- Kansas airport worker arrested in car bomb plot 40 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million