Plane makes emergency landing at Phila. Int'l Airport
PHILADELPHIA - December 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- Officials say a plane bound for Cleveland early Saturday returned to Philadelphia International Airport after a report of a smell of smoke onboard.
It happened around 6:20 Saturday morning.
Crew members on board a Cleveland bound United Airlines flight reported a fire in the bathroom.
The plane, carrying about 47 people, touched down safely and everyone was evacuated.
Authorities say it was an electrical fire and it was quickly extinguished.
Airport officials are reporting normal operations.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
philadelphia, philadelphia international airport, emergency landing, local/state
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash 13 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Shooting leads to police standoff in Logan 35 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death 51 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 56 min ago
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to...
51 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's...
56 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
13 min ago