Man arrested for Del. middle school break-in
WILMINGTON - December 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say a known burglar was caught breaking into a middle school in Wilmington.
It happened around 8:15 Friday evening at Bayard Middle School on the 200 block of South DuPont Street
Police were dispatched after the school's alarm system went off.
Arriving officers found the rear door of the building slightly ajar.
Upon searching the school, police found Gregory West in the kitchen.
As the officers attempted to catch him, West fled out another set of doors.
A brief chase ensued and the suspect was apprehended and taken into custody.
delaware, wilmington, burglary, local/state
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos