Del. woman's car stolen with dog inside
WILMINGTON, Del. - December 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say an unknown assailant stole an elderly woman's vehicle while her dog was still inside.
It happened around 5:50 Friday afternoon on the 900 block of DuPont Street in Wilmington.
Authorities say the 77-year-old woman left her car with the keys still inside as she went into St. Anthony's Church.
An unknown suspect drove away with the woman's vehicle and her dog "Noel" was still inside.
The car was later found early Saturday morning on the 200 block of North Connell Street but the dog is still missing.
The victim is especially concerned because her pup reportedly suffers from cataracts and partial blindness.
Anyone with information on the incident on the whereabouts of "Noel" is asked to call the Wilmington Police Department's non-emergency number at 302-654-5151.
delaware, wilmington, theft, animals, local/state
- Hit and run victim found near Wilmington road 55 min ago
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler 36 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Funeral for Nelson Mandela to be held Dec. 15th 45 min ago
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Video: Jim Gardner recalls visiting Mandela's cell
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Police question suspect in Christmas package theft 38 min ago
- Reward offered after dogs found in trash bags
- Charges filed in alleged chop shop raid in N. Phila. 39 min ago
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- 2 women hospitalized after Schuylkill Expy. crash
- Hit and run victim found near Wilmington road
55 min ago
- Police question suspect in Christmas...
38 min ago