2 unhurt when small plane crashes on NJ beach
BAY HEAD, N.J. (AP) - December 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two people escaped injury when a small plane crashed on a beach in southern New Jersey.
The crash occurred around 3:30 p.m. Sunday in the Ocean County community of Bay Head.
Authorities say the Cessna-style plane apparently experienced engine trouble and glided down to land on the beach. But as it came down, it struck debris under the sand and flipped over.
The pilot and a passenger, whose names were not released, were able to get out of the aircraft by themselves and did not appear to be injured. No one on the ground was injured.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation by local authorities and the Federal Aviation Administration.
new jersey, ocean county, plane crash, local/state
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- Slightly Cooler Sunday 19 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen 28 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
19 min ago
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
28 min ago