CO leak in Pottstown prompts apartment evacuation
POTTSTOWN, Pa. - December 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities ordered the evacuation of a Pottstown apartment building after a reported carbon monoxide leak Monday morning.
It was around 5:30 a.m. when authorities were called to the unit block of N Franklin Street for the report of a possible carbon monoxide leak.
The five residents of the building were evacuated. Two occupants were able to drive themselves to a nearby hospital to be checked out.
Fire department and PECO crews responded to the scene to try and locate the source of the leak. Officials say the building was being renovated, though there is no word on if that contributed to the leak.
montgomery county, pennsylvania, carbon monoxide, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 21 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Trash truck overturns on Rt. 130 in Pennsauken 18 min ago
- Kensington chocolate factory shut down by City 4 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Suspects sought for shooting into home
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 38 min ago
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos