Tip leads police to Pa. man charged in child rape
LANCASTER, Pa. - December 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police in central Pennsylvania say a man is behind bars on charges that he raped a 12-year-old girl.
Southern Regional police said a tip from a citizen led them to 34-year-old Phillip Lee Langley.
He is accused of sexually assaulting a girl multiple times in Conestoga Township from November 2011 to May 2012.
Police had been looking for Langley for several days. They say he was arrested without incident Sunday in Providence Township and is in Lancaster County Prison on $500,000 bail.
Langley is charged with rape, sexual assault, indecent assault, corruption of minors and unlawful contact with a minor. All are felonies.
Police say he is already registered in the Pennsylvania State Police Megan's Law database as the result of a prior offense in Cecil County, Md.
pennsylvania, child sex assault, lancaster county, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 21 min ago
- 1 person injured in Hamilton Twp. house fire
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos