Tip leads police to Pa. man charged in child rape
LANCASTER, Pa. - December 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police in central Pennsylvania say a man is behind bars on charges that he raped a 12-year-old girl.
Southern Regional police said a tip from a citizen led them to 34-year-old Phillip Lee Langley.
He is accused of sexually assaulting a girl multiple times in Conestoga Township from November 2011 to May 2012.
Police had been looking for Langley for several days. They say he was arrested without incident Sunday in Providence Township and is in Lancaster County Prison on $500,000 bail.
Langley is charged with rape, sexual assault, indecent assault, corruption of minors and unlawful contact with a minor. All are felonies.
Police say he is already registered in the Pennsylvania State Police Megan's Law database as the result of a prior offense in Cecil County, Md.
pennsylvania, child sex assault, lancaster county, local/state
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ