Police ID body found in Delaware River in Tinicum Twp.
TINICUM, Pa. - December 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police in Delaware County are investigating the discovery of a body in the Delaware River.
Tinicum Township police were called around 4:00 p.m. Sunday to 2nd and Taylor streets where a body was found floating in the Delaware River in Governor Printz Park.
When officers arrived they found the adult male on the river banks. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The body has been identified as a Frank Basile, 48, from East Longmeadow, Massachusetts.
Police say on December 21st, Basile's original flight from Philadelphia International Airport was cancelled.
As a result of the cancellation he was given a voucher by the airlines to stay at a local hotel.
Basile was reported missing by the East Longmeadow Police Department on Saturday, when he did not arrive on his scheduled flight from Philadelphia.
Authorities say on Friday night, Basile was a registered guest at the Holiday Inn Express which is located at 101 Taylor Avenue in Essington.
Police and the medical examiner's office are investigating how the man died.
delaware county, pennsylvania, body found, local/state
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services 59 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy 45 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter 28 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 26 min ago
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown 27 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate...
57 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
45 min ago