Police ID body found in Delaware River in Tinicum Twp.
TINICUM, Pa. - December 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police in Delaware County are investigating the discovery of a body in the Delaware River.
Tinicum Township police were called around 4:00 p.m. Sunday to 2nd and Taylor streets where a body was found floating in the Delaware River in Governor Printz Park.
When officers arrived they found the adult male on the river banks. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The body has been identified as a Frank Basile, 48, from East Longmeadow, Massachusetts.
Police say on December 21st, Basile's original flight from Philadelphia International Airport was cancelled.
As a result of the cancellation he was given a voucher by the airlines to stay at a local hotel.
Basile was reported missing by the East Longmeadow Police Department on Saturday, when he did not arrive on his scheduled flight from Philadelphia.
Authorities say on Friday night, Basile was a registered guest at the Holiday Inn Express which is located at 101 Taylor Avenue in Essington.
Police and the medical examiner's office are investigating how the man died.
delaware county, pennsylvania, body found, local/state
- Amber Alert issued for missing Pottsville teen 3 min ago
- Windy And Cool
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- NE Phila. couple stabbed at home, son arrested
- 3 children rescued in SW Phila. house fire
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle
- Philadelphia man arrested for firing shots at police
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Angel Flight crashes in NY, 2 killed, 1 missing
- Dozens rescued from flooded San Antonio area 44 min ago
- Quick, long-term fixes in works for Washington bridge
- NJ man claims share of $198M Mega Millions jackpot
- Cold start to 1st summer after Sandy at Jersey Shore
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos