Police ID body found in Delaware River in Tinicum Twp.
TINICUM, Pa. - December 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police in Delaware County are investigating the discovery of a body in the Delaware River.
Tinicum Township police were called around 4:00 p.m. Sunday to 2nd and Taylor streets where a body was found floating in the Delaware River in Governor Printz Park.
When officers arrived they found the adult male on the river banks. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The body has been identified as a Frank Basile, 48, from East Longmeadow, Massachusetts.
Police say on December 21st, Basile's original flight from Philadelphia International Airport was cancelled.
As a result of the cancellation he was given a voucher by the airlines to stay at a local hotel.
Basile was reported missing by the East Longmeadow Police Department on Saturday, when he did not arrive on his scheduled flight from Philadelphia.
Authorities say on Friday night, Basile was a registered guest at the Holiday Inn Express which is located at 101 Taylor Avenue in Essington.
Police and the medical examiner's office are investigating how the man died.
delaware county, pennsylvania, body found, local/state
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book