Skeletal remains identified as 81-year-old Pa. man
EAST LACKAWANNOCK, Pa. - December 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Mercer County coroner's office says skeletal remains a hunter found Dec. 1 are those of an 81-year-old man who disappeared from his home in July.
Donald Lee Mariacher had been missing since July 13. Dental records and other information was used to identify him.
The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that Mercer County coroner J. Bradley McGonigle III has ruled the death accidental and cited environmental exposure as the cause. The coroner also said Mariacher's Alzheimer disease was a contributing factor in his death.
Information from: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, http://www.post-gazette.com
pennsylvania, body found, mercer county, local/state
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Fla
- AccuWeather: Damp and cooler 22 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Water main break forces evacuation of Fishtown bar 57 min ago
- Bicyclist struck in Kensington DUI crash 43 min ago
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- Probe into Conn. train crash giving way to cleanup 13 min ago
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in 3 min ago
- American Cancer Society celebrates 100 years 24 min ago
- Water main break forces evacuation of...
57 min ago
- Bicyclist struck in Kensington DUI crash
43 min ago