Skeletal remains identified as 81-year-old Pa. man
EAST LACKAWANNOCK, Pa. - December 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Mercer County coroner's office says skeletal remains a hunter found Dec. 1 are those of an 81-year-old man who disappeared from his home in July.
Donald Lee Mariacher had been missing since July 13. Dental records and other information was used to identify him.
The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that Mercer County coroner J. Bradley McGonigle III has ruled the death accidental and cited environmental exposure as the cause. The coroner also said Mariacher's Alzheimer disease was a contributing factor in his death.
Information from: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, http://www.post-gazette.com
pennsylvania, body found, mercer county, local/state
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse 50 min ago
- Record Weekend Warmth 42 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland 43 min ago
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet? 49 min ago
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy 47 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- Record Weekend Warmth
42 min ago
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater...
50 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos