Police ID NJ man killed in Christmas Day crash
TRENTON, N.J. (AP) - December 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities have identified the driver killed when his sport utility vehicle struck a tree on a major highway in New Jersey's capital city on Christmas morning.
Trenton police say Armando Canil-Ajqui, a 31-year-old city resident, was killed in the crash that occurred shortly before 7 a.m. Tuesday on southbound Route 29, not far from the Waterfront Park baseball stadium.
Police say Canil-Ajqui had to be extricated from the vehicle and was pronounced dead at the scene a short time later. His wife and their children - a 10-month-old boy and two-year-old girl - were treated for minor injuries. Their names were not released.
The cause of the accident remains under investigation.
new jersey, trenton, accident, local/state
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped girls in class 25 min ago
- Skippack student hospitalized with meningitis infection 22 min ago
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion 7 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 2 min ago
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Skippack student hospitalized with...
22 min ago