Police ID NJ man killed in Christmas Day crash
TRENTON, N.J. (AP) - December 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities have identified the driver killed when his sport utility vehicle struck a tree on a major highway in New Jersey's capital city on Christmas morning.
Trenton police say Armando Canil-Ajqui, a 31-year-old city resident, was killed in the crash that occurred shortly before 7 a.m. Tuesday on southbound Route 29, not far from the Waterfront Park baseball stadium.
Police say Canil-Ajqui had to be extricated from the vehicle and was pronounced dead at the scene a short time later. His wife and their children - a 10-month-old boy and two-year-old girl - were treated for minor injuries. Their names were not released.
The cause of the accident remains under investigation.
new jersey, trenton, accident, local/state
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Brisk And Cold 20 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill 27 min ago
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment 14 min ago
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- Kevin Hart on stolen computers: I'll be back
- Brisk And Cold
20 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in...
27 min ago
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment
14 min ago