Police ID NJ man killed in Christmas Day crash
TRENTON, N.J. (AP) - December 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities have identified the driver killed when his sport utility vehicle struck a tree on a major highway in New Jersey's capital city on Christmas morning.
Trenton police say Armando Canil-Ajqui, a 31-year-old city resident, was killed in the crash that occurred shortly before 7 a.m. Tuesday on southbound Route 29, not far from the Waterfront Park baseball stadium.
Police say Canil-Ajqui had to be extricated from the vehicle and was pronounced dead at the scene a short time later. His wife and their children - a 10-month-old boy and two-year-old girl - were treated for minor injuries. Their names were not released.
The cause of the accident remains under investigation.
new jersey, trenton, accident, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90 55 min ago
- 1 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton 9 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Video: Annual Phila. Flower Show wraps up
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ