Elderly couple hospitalized after Bucks Co. fire
LOWER SOUTHAMPTON, Pa. - December 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- An elderly couple is being treated at an area hospital after they had to be removed from their Lower Southampton home during a fire.
The fire reportedly started around 11:30 a.m. in the 100 block of Orchard Lane.
Officials believe the fire broke out when the elderly woman, who uses an oxygen tank, began smoking.
She suffered burns to the face.
The fire was placed under control around 11:50 a.m.
pennsylvania, bucks county, fire, local/state
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Deadly hit and run suspect van caught on camera 8 min ago
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Fairy Godmothers make prom dreams come true
35 min ago