3 shot at church hall party in Vineland, Cumberland County
VINELAND, N.J. - December 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a shooting at a party in Cumberland County, New Jersey, which left three people injured.
The shooting happened around 1:15 a.m. Wednesday at the Saint Anthony Greek Orthodox Community Center, located on the 300 block of W Wheat Road in Vineland.
Authorities believe a party had been going on at the hall, which is located up the street from the church. As the party was wrapping up, one person was shot inside. Two others were shot outside in a parking lot area.
Police, EMS and medivac helicopters responded to the scene.
Two of the victims were flown to Cooper University Medical Center and the third was taken to Regional Medical Center for treatment. Their conditions have not yet been released.
First reports indicate that there had been a party going on at the hall earlier in the night, and that it was just wrapping up when the shooting took place. However, there is no word yet on what sparked this violence.
There is no word yet on who was renting the hall. However, Action News spoke to a member of the church who says whoever it was, they were not affiliated with the church.
The names and ages of the victims have not yet been released.
cumberland county, new jersey, shooting, local/state
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports 3 min ago
- Wintry Weekend 51 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Female suspect arrested in Christmas package theft
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Local men reflects on meeting with Mandela 29 min ago
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish
- Area medical schools use 'Jeopardy' as learning tool
- Freebie Friday
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate...
3 min ago
- Runyan's son follows in dad's footsteps
49 min ago
- Wintry Weekend
51 min ago