3 shot at church hall party in Vineland, Cumberland County
VINELAND, N.J. - December 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a shooting at a party in Cumberland County, New Jersey, which left three people injured.
The shooting happened around 1:15 a.m. Wednesday at the Saint Anthony Greek Orthodox Community Center, located on the 300 block of W Wheat Road in Vineland.
Authorities believe a party had been going on at the hall, which is located up the street from the church. As the party was wrapping up, one person was shot inside. Two others were shot outside in a parking lot area.
Police, EMS and medivac helicopters responded to the scene.
Two of the victims were flown to Cooper University Medical Center and the third was taken to Regional Medical Center for treatment. Their conditions have not yet been released.
First reports indicate that there had been a party going on at the hall earlier in the night, and that it was just wrapping up when the shooting took place. However, there is no word yet on what sparked this violence.
There is no word yet on who was renting the hall. However, Action News spoke to a member of the church who says whoever it was, they were not affiliated with the church.
The names and ages of the victims have not yet been released.
cumberland county, new jersey, shooting, local/state
- 3 beach homes destroyed in Sea Isle City fire
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend 50 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire 29 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist 47 min ago
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest