3 shot at church hall party in Vineland, Cumberland County
VINELAND, N.J. - December 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a shooting at a party in Cumberland County, New Jersey, which left three people injured.
The shooting happened around 1:15 a.m. Wednesday at the Saint Anthony Greek Orthodox Community Center, located on the 300 block of W Wheat Road in Vineland.
Authorities believe a party had been going on at the hall, which is located up the street from the church. As the party was wrapping up, one person was shot inside. Two others were shot outside in a parking lot area.
Police, EMS and medivac helicopters responded to the scene.
Two of the victims were flown to Cooper University Medical Center and the third was taken to Regional Medical Center for treatment. Their conditions have not yet been released.
First reports indicate that there had been a party going on at the hall earlier in the night, and that it was just wrapping up when the shooting took place. However, there is no word yet on what sparked this violence.
There is no word yet on who was renting the hall. However, Action News spoke to a member of the church who says whoever it was, they were not affiliated with the church.
The names and ages of the victims have not yet been released.
cumberland county, new jersey, shooting, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 45 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: Skydiver's mid-air collision with plane
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act