Man struck, killed by car in Stanton, Del.
STANTON, Del. - December 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man was struck and killed by a car while attempting to cross a busy road in Stanton, Delaware Wednesday morning.
The incident happened 5:26 a.m. on the 2000 block of Limestone Road.
Police say the male pedestrian was crossing the highway when he was struck by a Honda in the southbound lanes.
The victim, believed to be in his 20s, was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver of the Honda stayed at the scene.
Limestone Road was closed for an hour and a half while State Police conducted their investigation.
delaware, new castle county, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Body found in home of Philadelphia attorney
- Clear, Still Breezy Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Delco girl still awaiting transplant 18-months later
- 1 dead in I-495 crash in Claymont, Delaware
- 7-year-old critically injured in SW Phila. house fire
- NE Phila. couple stabbed at home, son arrested
- Neighbor rescues woman in West Oak Lane fire
- Amber Alert for Pottsville teen canceled
- San Antonio flooding kills 2; hundreds rescued
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle
- Start to 1st summer after Sandy at NJ shore
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos