Man struck, killed by car in Stanton, Del.
STANTON, Del. - December 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man was struck and killed by a car while attempting to cross a busy road in Stanton, Delaware Wednesday morning.
The incident happened 5:26 a.m. on the 2000 block of Limestone Road.
Police say the male pedestrian was crossing the highway when he was struck by a Honda in the southbound lanes.
The victim, believed to be in his 20s, was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver of the Honda stayed at the scene.
Limestone Road was closed for an hour and a half while State Police conducted their investigation.
delaware, new castle county, pedestrian struck, local/state
- London theater partially collapses during performance 5 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- Arsonist tries to torch atheist billboard in NJ
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings 22 min ago
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Uwchlan Twp. man arrested following...
10 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos