Wilmington man arrested in Christmas Eve slaying
WILMINGTON, Del. - December 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Wilmington police say a 27-year-old man has been arrested and charged in a Christmas Eve slaying.
Police say Joshua Stevenson was visiting a home on West 2nd Street when he got into an argument with a 35-year-old man. Police say Stevenson shot the victim several times and fled, and the victim died at a hospital. The shooting occurred shortly before 10 p.m. Monday.
Police executed a search warrant and found Stephenson in the 3200 block of North Van Buren Street. He was arrested without incident.
Police also say a child was in the home at the time of the shooting but was unharmed.
wilmington, delaware, shooting, homicide, local/state
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- New video shows deadly Asiana jet crash 37 min ago
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof.
- Parts of Christiana Mall lose power 41 min ago
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Camden man accused of robbing 5 banks in 1 month 23 min ago
- Pa. girl, 18, survives bear attack
- Women sentenced in murder of Danny DeGennaro 46 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot climbs; $1M ticket sold in NJ
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Bedbug fighter recalled over fire hazard 16 min ago