Wilmington man arrested in Christmas Eve slaying
WILMINGTON, Del. - December 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Wilmington police say a 27-year-old man has been arrested and charged in a Christmas Eve slaying.
Police say Joshua Stevenson was visiting a home on West 2nd Street when he got into an argument with a 35-year-old man. Police say Stevenson shot the victim several times and fled, and the victim died at a hospital. The shooting occurred shortly before 10 p.m. Monday.
Police executed a search warrant and found Stephenson in the 3200 block of North Van Buren Street. He was arrested without incident.
Police also say a child was in the home at the time of the shooting but was unharmed.
wilmington, delaware, shooting, homicide, local/state
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Very unsettled Thursday 44 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers
- 1 dead, 2 injured in 'barbaric' London attack
- SEPTA police chief using Twitter to fight crime
- Body of WWII hero returns home after 69 years
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall