Wilmington man arrested in Christmas Eve slaying
WILMINGTON, Del. - December 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Wilmington police say a 27-year-old man has been arrested and charged in a Christmas Eve slaying.
Police say Joshua Stevenson was visiting a home on West 2nd Street when he got into an argument with a 35-year-old man. Police say Stevenson shot the victim several times and fled, and the victim died at a hospital. The shooting occurred shortly before 10 p.m. Monday.
Police executed a search warrant and found Stephenson in the 3200 block of North Van Buren Street. He was arrested without incident.
Police also say a child was in the home at the time of the shooting but was unharmed.
wilmington, delaware, shooting, homicide, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 34 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case 23 min ago
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; 6 dead, 290 missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia