Man wanted for armed robbery in N Philadelphia
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - December 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are asking for the public's help in finding the suspect wanted for the armed robbery of a man in North Philadelphia.
Police say it was 5:30 p.m. on December 15, 2012 when the 18-year-old victim exited the Rite Aid located at 3224 North Broad Street. While walking on the 3100 block of North 12th Street, the suspect approached the victim from behind and grabbed his cell phone.
The victim gave chase, but after a short pursuit the suspect pulled a gun, turned and pointed the weapon at the victim, threatening to shoot.
The suspect then fled with the phone.
The suspect is described as a black male, 25-30 years-of-age, 5'6", thin build, dark complexion, mustache and beard, wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, black jacket, blue knit cap, black pants, black back pack and ACG Nike boots.
If you have any information pertaining to the identity or whereabouts of the suspect, you are urged to contact police. To submit a tip by telephone, dial 215-686-TIPS (8477) or text a tip to PPD TIP or 773847.
north philadelphia, robbery, local/state
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera 3 min ago
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Video: Christmas tree comes to life in school prank
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught...
3 min ago